When Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama first announced his candidacy in February of ‘07, the platform he adopted was “Change is coming to America!” Later that year, up-and-coming hip-hop duo Kidz in the Hall officially endorsed the Illinois senator’s presidential campaign, outspokenly supporting him through their music. Now, several months later, MC Naledge and DJ/producer Double-O have joined up with Talib Kweli, who admits he normally doesn’t vote, but will now because he senses the fulfillment of Dr. King’s dream, and Bun B, who sees the chance to help solve problems with poverty, education, health care and prejudice in our justice system, for Work To Do Change (Remix). Though plenty of our readers are anticipating the Kidz’ debut album, The In Crowd, on May 13, an even bigger event is the ‘08 presidential election on November 4.
Written by Burmy on 04/1/08
Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin Down The Block" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.