When Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama first announced his candidacy in February of ‘07, the platform he adopted was “Change is coming to America!” Later that year, up-and-coming hip-hop duo Kidz in the Hall officially endorsed the Illinois senator’s presidential campaign, outspokenly supporting him through their music. Now, several months later, MC Naledge and DJ/producer Double-O have joined up with Talib Kweli, who admits he normally doesn’t vote, but will now because he senses the fulfillment of Dr. King’s dream, and Bun B, who sees the chance to help solve problems with poverty, education, health care and prejudice in our justice system, for Work To Do Change (Remix). Though plenty of our readers are anticipating the Kidz’ debut album, The In Crowd, on May 13, an even bigger event is the ‘08 presidential election on November 4.
Written by Burmy on 04/1/08
Submit your Rating
Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin Down The Block" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.