Despite what you may have read in The Secret, not every kind of success can be achieved simply by thinking positive and acting the part—i.e. throwing cash around like you’re a millionaire is mathematically guaranteed to make you poorer, not richer. In more subjective matters like attractiveness and artistic inspiration, though, attitude and confidence are absolutely key. On the lead single off their Land of Make Believe LP, Chi-town duo Kidz in the Hall give an easy-to-understand example of how imagination can influence reality: if you feel like you look good, you’ll be Flickin’ (that is, photo-ready) all the time. The mind-over-matter concept might be a little heady, but the execution is all about having fun; Naledge packs the track with all the laid-back lyrical stunting fans could ask for, and DJ Double O backs him up with a sparse, synth-driven instrumental topped off with catchy chopped-n-screwed flourishes. KitH devotees are sure to find plenty more head-bobbing beats and thought-provoking concepts on the hipster-hop duo’s third album, out Oct. 13th via Duck Down Records.
Written by richard on 08/4/09
Submit your Rating
Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin Down The Block" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.