The two-man team of producer/DJ Double-0 and MC Naledge, otherwise known as Kidz In The Hall, had a very productive end to 2007. After wrapping up a nationwide tour with rap veteran Redman and releasing a mixtape with Cleveland’s Mick Boogie, the duo inked an independent label deal with Duck Down Records (who are responsible for the success of Sean Price). Gearing up for the release of their debut album, In The Crowd, the tandem has dropped their new single Drivin’ Down The Block. Unlike similarily titled joints that focus on “rollin on 26’s,” or “drippin’ with candy paint,” Naledge puts his college degree to work and goes heavy on the lyrics. Watch out for these kidz; they might only have a learners permit, but they sound like experienced vets.
Written by DJ Z on 01/20/08
Submit your Rating
Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Work To Do Change (Remix) ft. Bun B & Talib Kweli" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.