For those of us who have seen the movie, Grizzly Man is the name of a crazy flick about a dude who gets eaten by bears, but for those who haven’t, the title The Grizzly Man will now be forever associated with the Kidz in the Hall’s new dope cut. Produced by Kidz member Double O (who also lays down some dope vocals), The Grizzly Man appropriately samples rock band Grizzly Bear’s single Two Weeks, cleverly flipping the original’s piano riff into a banging hip-hop beat for Naledge to drop some always on point flows over with his usual blend of humor and skill: “If she’s givin I’m receivin, going down smooth like a glass of Reisling.” A thousand other rappers wish they were this good. The Grizzly Man is off the Kidz upcoming EP LRG Presents: Professional Leisure Tour, due out December 8, which is itself just a warm-up to the group’s next album Land of Make Believe, dropping in March. Get all that? Feel free to take notes.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/19/09
Submit your Rating
Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin Down The Block" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.