Thanks to years of putting out consistently quality music Kidz in the Hall have earned widespread respect among hip-hop heads, but emcee Naledge and producer Double O have yet to truly break through into the national spotlight. As Naledge said in a recent DJBooth interview, the duo are in their “almost famous” stage. In an obvious attempt to make that leap into the majors they’ve released their new single Take Over the World, a cut they crucially make radio friendly without losing their sense of self, even if Naledge does occasionally dip into Drake inspired, auto-tuned territory. In contrast to their previous offering, the minimally heavy (and breast-obsessed) Out to Lunch, on Take Over the World Double O crafts an enjoyable beat that increasingly popular hook provider Colin Munroe tops off with an eminently sing-along-able hook. So how about it Booth? Do the Kidz have the sonic skills to conquer the globe? We’ll find out for sure when their new album Land of Make Believe, drops this Tuesday, March 9.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/7/10
Submit your Rating
Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin Down The Block" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.