Thanks to years of putting out consistently quality music Kidz in the Hall have earned widespread respect among hip-hop heads, but emcee Naledge and producer Double O have yet to truly break through into the national spotlight. As Naledge said in a recent DJBooth interview, the duo are in their “almost famous” stage. In an obvious attempt to make that leap into the majors they’ve released their new single Take Over the World, a cut they crucially make radio friendly without losing their sense of self, even if Naledge does occasionally dip into Drake inspired, auto-tuned territory. In contrast to their previous offering, the minimally heavy (and breast-obsessed) Out to Lunch, on Take Over the World Double O crafts an enjoyable beat that increasingly popular hook provider Colin Munroe tops off with an eminently sing-along-able hook. So how about it Booth? Do the Kidz have the sonic skills to conquer the globe? We’ll find out for sure when their new album Land of Make Believe, drops this Tuesday, March 9.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/7/10
Submit your Rating
Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin Down The Block" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.