Having convinced hip-hop lovers in the Booth and beyond to Pledge Allegiance to the Dope on last week’s Brain Candy entry, Chi-town mainstays Kidz In The Hall have set themselves one damn high bar to jump over with the follow-up. Not taking any chances, Naledge and Double-O chart a course for infinity and beyond on the latest installment, a musical affirmation of the duo’s inborn Star power. Double-O’s brassy, glossy production sets the stage for some appropriately lofty braggadocio from his partner-in-rhyme and a DMV-based guest star; between Naledge’s verses, which find the freestyle series alum flaunting his towering ambitions and female appeal, DMV repper tabi Bonney hops aboard to add a dash of metaphysical freshness: “As we truncate time, I never pump fate, open the gates, greatness awaits / This is destiny…” Topped off with the pop-appealing chorus vocals of Nappy Boy R&B group , this cut is catchy as all get-out, and energetic to boot. But enough from me – what do you think? Those digging Star should stay tuned for further servings of Brain Candy, released to the ‘net each Monday.
Written by richard on 02/9/11
Submit your Rating
Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin Down The Block" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.