In his recent DJBooth In the Mix interview, Kidz in the Hall emcee Naledge promised that Land of Make Believe, the new album from himself and musical compatriot Double O, would give us insight into their everyday life, and if that’s true, than Naledge spends every day staring at tig ol bitties. Or at least that’s what their new single Out to Lunch would lead us to believe. Also featuring a guest verse from the slightly confusingly named Kid Daytona (he’s from the Bronx), Out to Lunch is first and foremost a Kidz cut, as Double O crafts a minimalistic, almost boom-bap beat and Naledge spits the type of deceptively hilarious lines he’s become known for: “Call me Mr. Areola, every ni**a feels me.” See, I told you the man enjoyed his breast-related references. Out to Lunch will be a bonus track on our Booth Vol. 4 mixtape, out Monday, March 8, and of course on Land of Make Believe, dropping March 9. Plan accordingly.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/4/10
Submit your Rating
Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin Down The Block" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.