In his recent DJBooth In the Mix interview, Kidz in the Hall emcee Naledge promised that Land of Make Believe, the new album from himself and musical compatriot Double O, would give us insight into their everyday life, and if that’s true, than Naledge spends every day staring at tig ol bitties. Or at least that’s what their new single Out to Lunch would lead us to believe. Also featuring a guest verse from the slightly confusingly named Kid Daytona (he’s from the Bronx), Out to Lunch is first and foremost a Kidz cut, as Double O crafts a minimalistic, almost boom-bap beat and Naledge spits the type of deceptively hilarious lines he’s become known for: “Call me Mr. Areola, every ni**a feels me.” See, I told you the man enjoyed his breast-related references. Out to Lunch will be a bonus track on our Booth Vol. 4 mixtape, out Monday, March 8, and of course on Land of Make Believe, dropping March 9. Plan accordingly.
Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin Down The Block" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.