In his recent DJBooth In the Mix interview, Kidz in the Hall emcee Naledge promised that Land of Make Believe, the new album from himself and musical compatriot Double O, would give us insight into their everyday life, and if that’s true, than Naledge spends every day staring at tig ol bitties. Or at least that’s what their new single Out to Lunch would lead us to believe. Also featuring a guest verse from the slightly confusingly named Kid Daytona (he’s from the Bronx), Out to Lunch is first and foremost a Kidz cut, as Double O crafts a minimalistic, almost boom-bap beat and Naledge spits the type of deceptively hilarious lines he’s become known for: “Call me Mr. Areola, every ni**a feels me.” See, I told you the man enjoyed his breast-related references. Out to Lunch will be a bonus track on our Booth Vol. 4 mixtape, out Monday, March 8, and of course on Land of Make Believe, dropping March 9. Plan accordingly.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/4/10
Submit your Rating
Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin Down The Block" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.