In his recent DJBooth In the Mix interview, Kidz in the Hall emcee Naledge promised that Land of Make Believe, the new album from himself and musical compatriot Double O, would give us insight into their everyday life, and if that’s true, than Naledge spends every day staring at tig ol bitties. Or at least that’s what their new single Out to Lunch would lead us to believe. Also featuring a guest verse from the slightly confusingly named Kid Daytona (he’s from the Bronx), Out to Lunch is first and foremost a Kidz cut, as Double O crafts a minimalistic, almost boom-bap beat and Naledge spits the type of deceptively hilarious lines he’s become known for: “Call me Mr. Areola, every ni**a feels me.” See, I told you the man enjoyed his breast-related references. Out to Lunch will be a bonus track on our Booth Vol. 4 mixtape, out Monday, March 8, and of course on Land of Make Believe, dropping March 9. Plan accordingly.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/4/10
Submit your Rating
Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin Down The Block" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.