Those who think that kids these days are just a bunch of compulsive Tweeting, Justin Bieber loving clones needs to take a close listen to, well, Kids These Days. The Chicago ensemble of instrumentalists and vocalists has been making some major news since the release of their Clear Eyes video, and their latest release, Flashing Lights, should only earn them more acclaim. An interpolation of Kanye’s original track of the same name, the Kids’ version of Lights is fully live, driven primarily by a a driving drum and guitar line splashed with horns and keys. The result is an instrumental that’s plenty compelling on its own, but with group rapper Vic Mensa throwing down some high intensity lyrics as well, Flashing Lights becomes a full fledged musical journey. While this video is unattached to a larger projects, fans of KTD can cop their Hard Times EP on iTunes now and keep an eye out for the constantly touring crew to hit a city near you. If only more kids these days were like Kids These Days.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Living Wrong" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.