Those who think that kids these days are just a bunch of compulsive Tweeting, Justin Bieber loving clones needs to take a close listen to, well, Kids These Days. The Chicago ensemble of instrumentalists and vocalists has been making some major news since the release of their Clear Eyes video, and their latest release, Flashing Lights, should only earn them more acclaim. An interpolation of Kanye’s original track of the same name, the Kids’ version of Lights is fully live, driven primarily by a a driving drum and guitar line splashed with horns and keys. The result is an instrumental that’s plenty compelling on its own, but with group rapper Vic Mensa throwing down some high intensity lyrics as well, Flashing Lights becomes a full fledged musical journey. While this video is unattached to a larger projects, fans of KTD can cop their Hard Times EP on iTunes now and keep an eye out for the constantly touring crew to hit a city near you. If only more kids these days were like Kids These Days.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Living Wrong" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.