Those who think that kids these days are just a bunch of compulsive Tweeting, Justin Bieber loving clones needs to take a close listen to, well, Kids These Days. The Chicago ensemble of instrumentalists and vocalists has been making some major news since the release of their Clear Eyes video, and their latest release, Flashing Lights, should only earn them more acclaim. An interpolation of Kanye’s original track of the same name, the Kids’ version of Lights is fully live, driven primarily by a a driving drum and guitar line splashed with horns and keys. The result is an instrumental that’s plenty compelling on its own, but with group rapper Vic Mensa throwing down some high intensity lyrics as well, Flashing Lights becomes a full fledged musical journey. While this video is unattached to a larger projects, fans of KTD can cop their Hard Times EP on iTunes now and keep an eye out for the constantly touring crew to hit a city near you. If only more kids these days were like Kids These Days.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Living Wrong" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.