They always say that the camera adds ten pounds, but after viewing the new Kids These Days video, and after seeing them live last week, I can safely say that the camera also takes away a couple of feet. On the band’s latest Austin Vesely-directed visuals for single Doo Wah, KTD gets the Honey I Shrunk The Kids treatment as the Chicago up-and-comers put their own spin on the Pixies classic Where Is My Mind. Despite being shrunk, and placed in a miniature town, the band is still able to create a powerful, eclectic sound that is engineered by frontman Vic Mensa, who spits a cautionary tale about love and fame. Doo Wah, and plenty more larger than life cuts, can be found on the groups Traphouse Rock album, available for stream or free download here at the Booth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Living Wrong" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.