They always say that the camera adds ten pounds, but after viewing the new Kids These Days video, and after seeing them live last week, I can safely say that the camera also takes away a couple of feet. On the band’s latest Austin Vesely-directed visuals for single Doo Wah, KTD gets the Honey I Shrunk The Kids treatment as the Chicago up-and-comers put their own spin on the Pixies classic Where Is My Mind. Despite being shrunk, and placed in a miniature town, the band is still able to create a powerful, eclectic sound that is engineered by frontman Vic Mensa, who spits a cautionary tale about love and fame. Doo Wah, and plenty more larger than life cuts, can be found on the groups Traphouse Rock album, available for stream or free download here at the Booth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Living Wrong" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!