They always say that the camera adds ten pounds, but after viewing the new Kids These Days video, and after seeing them live last week, I can safely say that the camera also takes away a couple of feet. On the band’s latest Austin Vesely-directed visuals for single Doo Wah, KTD gets the Honey I Shrunk The Kids treatment as the Chicago up-and-comers put their own spin on the Pixies classic Where Is My Mind. Despite being shrunk, and placed in a miniature town, the band is still able to create a powerful, eclectic sound that is engineered by frontman Vic Mensa, who spits a cautionary tale about love and fame. Doo Wah, and plenty more larger than life cuts, can be found on the groups Traphouse Rock album, available for stream or free download here at the Booth.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Living Wrong" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.