They always say that the camera adds ten pounds, but after viewing the new Kids These Days video, and after seeing them live last week, I can safely say that the camera also takes away a couple of feet. On the band’s latest Austin Vesely-directed visuals for single Doo Wah, KTD gets the Honey I Shrunk The Kids treatment as the Chicago up-and-comers put their own spin on the Pixies classic Where Is My Mind. Despite being shrunk, and placed in a miniature town, the band is still able to create a powerful, eclectic sound that is engineered by frontman Vic Mensa, who spits a cautionary tale about love and fame. Doo Wah, and plenty more larger than life cuts, can be found on the groups Traphouse Rock album, available for stream or free download here at the Booth.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Living Wrong" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.