We’ve all seen that viral video where the kid trolls the news reporter by saying, “I like Turtles.” Well, if he stumbled across the latest feature from Kidd Upstairs, I think his zombie head would explode. The title of Kidd’s latest video single, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, is apt, because the artist’s own production, built around a foggy, soothing vocal sample, makes you feel as though you are floating in the ocean. Atop the beat, Kidd swims along like a certain sea creature (Can you guess which one?), employing a slow-but-steady, gliding approach as he delivers his introspective, trippy bars. The official Farid Xan-directed visuals, which depict Kidd alone (except for turtles, of course) in a vast desert, add to the mesmerizing vibe. If Turtles got your attention, be sure to check out Kidd’s free project, Psycho Tropics, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.