We’ve all seen that viral video where the kid trolls the news reporter by saying, “I like Turtles.” Well, if he stumbled across the latest feature from Kidd Upstairs, I think his zombie head would explode. The title of Kidd’s latest video single, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, is apt, because the artist’s own production, built around a foggy, soothing vocal sample, makes you feel as though you are floating in the ocean. Atop the beat, Kidd swims along like a certain sea creature (Can you guess which one?), employing a slow-but-steady, gliding approach as he delivers his introspective, trippy bars. The official Farid Xan-directed visuals, which depict Kidd alone (except for turtles, of course) in a vast desert, add to the mesmerizing vibe. If Turtles got your attention, be sure to check out Kidd’s free project, Psycho Tropics, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/16/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.