We’ve all seen that viral video where the kid trolls the news reporter by saying, “I like Turtles.” Well, if he stumbled across the latest feature from Kidd Upstairs, I think his zombie head would explode. The title of Kidd’s latest video single, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, is apt, because the artist’s own production, built around a foggy, soothing vocal sample, makes you feel as though you are floating in the ocean. Atop the beat, Kidd swims along like a certain sea creature (Can you guess which one?), employing a slow-but-steady, gliding approach as he delivers his introspective, trippy bars. The official Farid Xan-directed visuals, which depict Kidd alone (except for turtles, of course) in a vast desert, add to the mesmerizing vibe. If Turtles got your attention, be sure to check out Kidd’s free project, Psycho Tropics, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.