After nearly four months without a new feature from Kidd Upstairs, loyal fans may be wondering where the Cali rhymesayer’s been hiding. Wherever he was, he wasn’t So Far Away that he couldn’t drop by The DJBooth with an exclusive world premiere. On this freshly-minted promotional cut, co-headliner J. Cardim‘s pensive soul samples set the mood as Kidd examines his life from various angles. In addition to reaffirming his commitment to the hustle, the Lollipop Blunts emcee reflects on his weed-smoking habits and asks some tough questions about his behavior towards the fairer sex: “Now surrounded by the b*tches that I fantasized / But can’t commit to a woman—what kind of man I?” This introspective jam isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from both Kidd Upstairs and J. Cardim as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 12/16/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.