After nearly four months without a new feature from Kidd Upstairs, loyal fans may be wondering where the Cali rhymesayer’s been hiding. Wherever he was, he wasn’t So Far Away that he couldn’t drop by The DJBooth with an exclusive world premiere. On this freshly-minted promotional cut, co-headliner J. Cardim‘s pensive soul samples set the mood as Kidd examines his life from various angles. In addition to reaffirming his commitment to the hustle, the Lollipop Blunts emcee reflects on his weed-smoking habits and asks some tough questions about his behavior towards the fairer sex: “Now surrounded by the b*tches that I fantasized / But can’t commit to a woman—what kind of man I?” This introspective jam isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from both Kidd Upstairs and J. Cardim as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 12/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.