After nearly four months without a new feature from Kidd Upstairs, loyal fans may be wondering where the Cali rhymesayer’s been hiding. Wherever he was, he wasn’t So Far Away that he couldn’t drop by The DJBooth with an exclusive world premiere. On this freshly-minted promotional cut, co-headliner J. Cardim‘s pensive soul samples set the mood as Kidd examines his life from various angles. In addition to reaffirming his commitment to the hustle, the Lollipop Blunts emcee reflects on his weed-smoking habits and asks some tough questions about his behavior towards the fairer sex: “Now surrounded by the b*tches that I fantasized / But can’t commit to a woman—what kind of man I?” This introspective jam isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from both Kidd Upstairs and J. Cardim as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 12/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.