After nearly four months without a new feature from Kidd Upstairs, loyal fans may be wondering where the Cali rhymesayer’s been hiding. Wherever he was, he wasn’t So Far Away that he couldn’t drop by The DJBooth with an exclusive world premiere. On this freshly-minted promotional cut, co-headliner J. Cardim‘s pensive soul samples set the mood as Kidd examines his life from various angles. In addition to reaffirming his commitment to the hustle, the Lollipop Blunts emcee reflects on his weed-smoking habits and asks some tough questions about his behavior towards the fairer sex: “Now surrounded by the b*tches that I fantasized / But can’t commit to a woman—what kind of man I?” This introspective jam isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from both Kidd Upstairs and J. Cardim as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 12/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.