After nearly four months without a new feature from Kidd Upstairs, loyal fans may be wondering where the Cali rhymesayer’s been hiding. Wherever he was, he wasn’t So Far Away that he couldn’t drop by The DJBooth with an exclusive world premiere. On this freshly-minted promotional cut, co-headliner J. Cardim‘s pensive soul samples set the mood as Kidd examines his life from various angles. In addition to reaffirming his commitment to the hustle, the Lollipop Blunts emcee reflects on his weed-smoking habits and asks some tough questions about his behavior towards the fairer sex: “Now surrounded by the b*tches that I fantasized / But can’t commit to a woman—what kind of man I?” This introspective jam isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from both Kidd Upstairs and J. Cardim as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 12/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.