Kidd Upstairs may not have the dough to fill his crib with multi-million dollar canvases à la Jay-Z, but that doesn’t mean he lacks a healthy appreciation for modern art. On his latest mixtape single, released along with non-work-safe visuals by Farid Xan, the Golden State buzzmaker invokes the name of Pablo Picasso as he rhymes about his effortlessly fly lifestyle. What Cubist masterpieces have to do with smoking trees and pulling dime pieces I have no damn idea, but that doesn’t make the breezy, braggadocio-soaked bars he delivers over his own reversed-sample beat any less appealing. Fans can find Picasso, the previously-featured Ashin’ in My Cup and much more on DMNDS Deluxe, available now for purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on 04/9/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.