Kidd Upstairs may not have the dough to fill his crib with multi-million dollar canvases à la Jay-Z, but that doesn’t mean he lacks a healthy appreciation for modern art. On his latest mixtape single, released along with non-work-safe visuals by Farid Xan, the Golden State buzzmaker invokes the name of Pablo Picasso as he rhymes about his effortlessly fly lifestyle. What Cubist masterpieces have to do with smoking trees and pulling dime pieces I have no damn idea, but that doesn’t make the breezy, braggadocio-soaked bars he delivers over his own reversed-sample beat any less appealing. Fans can find Picasso, the previously-featured Ashin’ in My Cup and much more on DMNDS Deluxe, available now for purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on 04/9/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)