Kidd Upstairs may not have the dough to fill his crib with multi-million dollar canvases à la Jay-Z, but that doesn’t mean he lacks a healthy appreciation for modern art. On his latest mixtape single, released along with non-work-safe visuals by Farid Xan, the Golden State buzzmaker invokes the name of Pablo Picasso as he rhymes about his effortlessly fly lifestyle. What Cubist masterpieces have to do with smoking trees and pulling dime pieces I have no damn idea, but that doesn’t make the breezy, braggadocio-soaked bars he delivers over his own reversed-sample beat any less appealing. Fans can find Picasso, the previously-featured Ashin’ in My Cup and much more on DMNDS Deluxe, available now for purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on 04/9/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.