Kidd Upstairs may not have the dough to fill his crib with multi-million dollar canvases à la Jay-Z, but that doesn’t mean he lacks a healthy appreciation for modern art. On his latest mixtape single, released along with non-work-safe visuals by Farid Xan, the Golden State buzzmaker invokes the name of Pablo Picasso as he rhymes about his effortlessly fly lifestyle. What Cubist masterpieces have to do with smoking trees and pulling dime pieces I have no damn idea, but that doesn’t make the breezy, braggadocio-soaked bars he delivers over his own reversed-sample beat any less appealing. Fans can find Picasso, the previously-featured Ashin’ in My Cup and much more on DMNDS Deluxe, available now for purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on 04/9/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.