Kidd Upstairs may not have the dough to fill his crib with multi-million dollar canvases à la Jay-Z, but that doesn’t mean he lacks a healthy appreciation for modern art. On his latest mixtape single, released along with non-work-safe visuals by Farid Xan, the Golden State buzzmaker invokes the name of Pablo Picasso as he rhymes about his effortlessly fly lifestyle. What Cubist masterpieces have to do with smoking trees and pulling dime pieces I have no damn idea, but that doesn’t make the breezy, braggadocio-soaked bars he delivers over his own reversed-sample beat any less appealing. Fans can find Picasso, the previously-featured Ashin’ in My Cup and much more on DMNDS Deluxe, available now for purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on 04/9/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.