For most of the country, marijuana is still a no-no, but out in Colorado and Kidd Upstairs’ home state of California, the green has the green light. They have weed bars, and even weed tea. I don’t know if Lollipop Blunts exist or not, but if they are anything like what Kidd’s latest record suggests, they must be one trippy treat. Although the chiming, xylophone-esque foundation of the song’s beat (produced by Kirk Knight) has a bubbly vibe, the bass hits harder than your biggest bong rip. Kidd’s flow meshes well with the kushed-out vibe perfectly. The rapper’s flow is slurred and a bit staggered, but he still delivers each line with alacrity. Lollipop Blunts can be found on Upstairs’ DJ Cos the Kid-hosted project, KVSHMIR, set to drop next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/21/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.