For most of the country, marijuana is still a no-no, but out in Colorado and Kidd Upstairs’ home state of California, the green has the green light. They have weed bars, and even weed tea. I don’t know if Lollipop Blunts exist or not, but if they are anything like what Kidd’s latest record suggests, they must be one trippy treat. Although the chiming, xylophone-esque foundation of the song’s beat (produced by Kirk Knight) has a bubbly vibe, the bass hits harder than your biggest bong rip. Kidd’s flow meshes well with the kushed-out vibe perfectly. The rapper’s flow is slurred and a bit staggered, but he still delivers each line with alacrity. Lollipop Blunts can be found on Upstairs’ DJ Cos the Kid-hosted project, KVSHMIR, set to drop next week.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.