For most of the country, marijuana is still a no-no, but out in Colorado and Kidd Upstairs’ home state of California, the green has the green light. They have weed bars, and even weed tea. I don’t know if Lollipop Blunts exist or not, but if they are anything like what Kidd’s latest record suggests, they must be one trippy treat. Although the chiming, xylophone-esque foundation of the song’s beat (produced by Kirk Knight) has a bubbly vibe, the bass hits harder than your biggest bong rip. Kidd’s flow meshes well with the kushed-out vibe perfectly. The rapper’s flow is slurred and a bit staggered, but he still delivers each line with alacrity. Lollipop Blunts can be found on Upstairs’ DJ Cos the Kid-hosted project, KVSHMIR, set to drop next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.