For most of the country, marijuana is still a no-no, but out in Colorado and Kidd Upstairs’ home state of California, the green has the green light. They have weed bars, and even weed tea. I don’t know if Lollipop Blunts exist or not, but if they are anything like what Kidd’s latest record suggests, they must be one trippy treat. Although the chiming, xylophone-esque foundation of the song’s beat (produced by Kirk Knight) has a bubbly vibe, the bass hits harder than your biggest bong rip. Kidd’s flow meshes well with the kushed-out vibe perfectly. The rapper’s flow is slurred and a bit staggered, but he still delivers each line with alacrity. Lollipop Blunts can be found on Upstairs’ DJ Cos the Kid-hosted project, KVSHMIR, set to drop next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.