Best draw a bath before you listen to Kidd Upstairs’ latest feature; the record’s so Grimey! you’ll want to wash up afterward. In stark contrast to July’s Believe, which found the Los Angeles-by-way-of-Oakland emcee reflecting on his self-doubts as well as his lofty ambitions, this cut is all about that cocky sh*t. Cryptically-named beatsmith (i.e.) mans the mixing boards, pairing muscular brass chords with a repeated vocal sample as Kidd touts his razor-sharp flows, his animal magnetism and his fly fashion sense. Will the bravado he exhibits here prove as appealing as the more vulnerable vibe of his reader-acclaimed debut? As always, the decision rests with you. Kidd has yet to announce plans for a forthcoming project, but fans of this unsigned buzzmaker can keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 12/19/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.