Best draw a bath before you listen to Kidd Upstairs’ latest feature; the record’s so Grimey! you’ll want to wash up afterward. In stark contrast to July’s Believe, which found the Los Angeles-by-way-of-Oakland emcee reflecting on his self-doubts as well as his lofty ambitions, this cut is all about that cocky sh*t. Cryptically-named beatsmith (i.e.) mans the mixing boards, pairing muscular brass chords with a repeated vocal sample as Kidd touts his razor-sharp flows, his animal magnetism and his fly fashion sense. Will the bravado he exhibits here prove as appealing as the more vulnerable vibe of his reader-acclaimed debut? As always, the decision rests with you. Kidd has yet to announce plans for a forthcoming project, but fans of this unsigned buzzmaker can keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 12/19/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)