Best draw a bath before you listen to Kidd Upstairs’ latest feature; the record’s so Grimey! you’ll want to wash up afterward. In stark contrast to July’s Believe, which found the Los Angeles-by-way-of-Oakland emcee reflecting on his self-doubts as well as his lofty ambitions, this cut is all about that cocky sh*t. Cryptically-named beatsmith (i.e.) mans the mixing boards, pairing muscular brass chords with a repeated vocal sample as Kidd touts his razor-sharp flows, his animal magnetism and his fly fashion sense. Will the bravado he exhibits here prove as appealing as the more vulnerable vibe of his reader-acclaimed debut? As always, the decision rests with you. Kidd has yet to announce plans for a forthcoming project, but fans of this unsigned buzzmaker can keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.