Best draw a bath before you listen to Kidd Upstairs’ latest feature; the record’s so Grimey! you’ll want to wash up afterward. In stark contrast to July’s Believe, which found the Los Angeles-by-way-of-Oakland emcee reflecting on his self-doubts as well as his lofty ambitions, this cut is all about that cocky sh*t. Cryptically-named beatsmith (i.e.) mans the mixing boards, pairing muscular brass chords with a repeated vocal sample as Kidd touts his razor-sharp flows, his animal magnetism and his fly fashion sense. Will the bravado he exhibits here prove as appealing as the more vulnerable vibe of his reader-acclaimed debut? As always, the decision rests with you. Kidd has yet to announce plans for a forthcoming project, but fans of this unsigned buzzmaker can keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 12/19/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.