At first blush, Los Angeles rhymesayer Kidd Upstairs seems to have little in common with Mario, the portly Italian plumber of Nintendo fame. The former’s latest single, however, reveals that there’s at least one strong parallel between the two: their mutual obsession with collecting currency. As on Booth debut Believe, Kidd handles production as well as mic duties. Over his own minimal boardwork, pieced together from an eclectic array of sample sources, the emcee rhymes about his dedication to the paper chase and the lavish lifestyle he enjoys as a result. Feeling it? This is just one of many quality jams to be found on the artist’s Psycho Tropics street album, scheduled to drop digitally next Tuesday, the 16th.
Written by richard on 04/11/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)