At first blush, Los Angeles rhymesayer Kidd Upstairs seems to have little in common with Mario, the portly Italian plumber of Nintendo fame. The former’s latest single, however, reveals that there’s at least one strong parallel between the two: their mutual obsession with collecting currency. As on Booth debut Believe, Kidd handles production as well as mic duties. Over his own minimal boardwork, pieced together from an eclectic array of sample sources, the emcee rhymes about his dedication to the paper chase and the lavish lifestyle he enjoys as a result. Feeling it? This is just one of many quality jams to be found on the artist’s Psycho Tropics street album, scheduled to drop digitally next Tuesday, the 16th.
Written by richard on 04/11/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.