At first blush, Los Angeles rhymesayer Kidd Upstairs seems to have little in common with Mario, the portly Italian plumber of Nintendo fame. The former’s latest single, however, reveals that there’s at least one strong parallel between the two: their mutual obsession with collecting currency. As on Booth debut Believe, Kidd handles production as well as mic duties. Over his own minimal boardwork, pieced together from an eclectic array of sample sources, the emcee rhymes about his dedication to the paper chase and the lavish lifestyle he enjoys as a result. Feeling it? This is just one of many quality jams to be found on the artist’s Psycho Tropics street album, scheduled to drop digitally next Tuesday, the 16th.
Written by richard on 04/11/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.