At first blush, Los Angeles rhymesayer Kidd Upstairs seems to have little in common with Mario, the portly Italian plumber of Nintendo fame. The former’s latest single, however, reveals that there’s at least one strong parallel between the two: their mutual obsession with collecting currency. As on Booth debut Believe, Kidd handles production as well as mic duties. Over his own minimal boardwork, pieced together from an eclectic array of sample sources, the emcee rhymes about his dedication to the paper chase and the lavish lifestyle he enjoys as a result. Feeling it? This is just one of many quality jams to be found on the artist’s Psycho Tropics street album, scheduled to drop digitally next Tuesday, the 16th.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.