At first blush, Los Angeles rhymesayer Kidd Upstairs seems to have little in common with Mario, the portly Italian plumber of Nintendo fame. The former’s latest single, however, reveals that there’s at least one strong parallel between the two: their mutual obsession with collecting currency. As on Booth debut Believe, Kidd handles production as well as mic duties. Over his own minimal boardwork, pieced together from an eclectic array of sample sources, the emcee rhymes about his dedication to the paper chase and the lavish lifestyle he enjoys as a result. Feeling it? This is just one of many quality jams to be found on the artist’s Psycho Tropics street album, scheduled to drop digitally next Tuesday, the 16th.
Written by richard on 04/11/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.