Back in college, we had a term for a girl who was simply too perfect to approach: the Unicorn. Kidd Upstairs prefers to call those girls DMNDS. According to Kidd himself, a DMND is “the highest quality of woman that exists. Beautiful in both appearance and psyche. Independent and not easily accessible. Rarely flawless, yet always unique.” To learn more about what a DMND is like, listen carefully to his charismatic, energetic bars on his latest Booth-featured cut. Here, he describes these girls in great detail, delivering his witty bars over his own vibrant, synth-driven production. If you play this record, along with Kidd’s last Booth feature, So Far Away, for all the DMNDS in your life, who knows? You just might have a shot.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/28/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)