Back in college, we had a term for a girl who was simply too perfect to approach: the Unicorn. Kidd Upstairs prefers to call those girls DMNDS. According to Kidd himself, a DMND is “the highest quality of woman that exists. Beautiful in both appearance and psyche. Independent and not easily accessible. Rarely flawless, yet always unique.” To learn more about what a DMND is like, listen carefully to his charismatic, energetic bars on his latest Booth-featured cut. Here, he describes these girls in great detail, delivering his witty bars over his own vibrant, synth-driven production. If you play this record, along with Kidd’s last Booth feature, So Far Away, for all the DMNDS in your life, who knows? You just might have a shot.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/28/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.