Kidd Upstairs is one hungry motherf**ker. No, literally—the Cali buzzmaker’s latest promo single, Bridge Burners, begins with him impatiently awaiting the arrival of a delivery pizza. But a closer listen reveals that the artist has an equally strong appetite for success in the rap game. Over his own chilly music-box grooves, the artist expresses his determination “to be [his] building’s richest tenant” and his willingness to sacrifice personal relationships in pursuit of that goal. This engaging hustle anthem is part of Kidd’s upcoming KVSHMIR II LP, which currently lacks a drop date. As always, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.