Kidd Upstairs is one hungry motherf**ker. No, literally—the Cali buzzmaker’s latest promo single, Bridge Burners, begins with him impatiently awaiting the arrival of a delivery pizza. But a closer listen reveals that the artist has an equally strong appetite for success in the rap game. Over his own chilly music-box grooves, the artist expresses his determination “to be [his] building’s richest tenant” and his willingness to sacrifice personal relationships in pursuit of that goal. This engaging hustle anthem is part of Kidd’s upcoming KVSHMIR II LP, which currently lacks a drop date. As always, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.