Kidd Upstairs is one hungry motherf**ker. No, literally—the Cali buzzmaker’s latest promo single, Bridge Burners, begins with him impatiently awaiting the arrival of a delivery pizza. But a closer listen reveals that the artist has an equally strong appetite for success in the rap game. Over his own chilly music-box grooves, the artist expresses his determination “to be [his] building’s richest tenant” and his willingness to sacrifice personal relationships in pursuit of that goal. This engaging hustle anthem is part of Kidd’s upcoming KVSHMIR II LP, which currently lacks a drop date. As always, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.