Kidd Upstairs is one hungry motherf**ker. No, literally—the Cali buzzmaker’s latest promo single, Bridge Burners, begins with him impatiently awaiting the arrival of a delivery pizza. But a closer listen reveals that the artist has an equally strong appetite for success in the rap game. Over his own chilly music-box grooves, the artist expresses his determination “to be [his] building’s richest tenant” and his willingness to sacrifice personal relationships in pursuit of that goal. This engaging hustle anthem is part of Kidd’s upcoming KVSHMIR II LP, which currently lacks a drop date. As always, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.