There’s still nothing better than a perfectly placed sample. So although it’s the lyrics from Kidd Upstairs (making his DJBooth debut today) that transform new standout song selection Believe from something dope to something meaningful, I guarantee the first thing that will grab your attention is that soaring vocal sample. Looks like I should be saluting the Bay Area artist for both his work behind the boards and for some seriously heartfelt work behind the microphone – salute. Those similarly converted from doubters to Believers by the latest hip-hop double threat can check out more from Kidd on his recently released DMNDS album, which dropped on July 1.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/13/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.