There’s still nothing better than a perfectly placed sample. So although it’s the lyrics from Kidd Upstairs (making his DJBooth debut today) that transform new standout song selection Believe from something dope to something meaningful, I guarantee the first thing that will grab your attention is that soaring vocal sample. Looks like I should be saluting the Bay Area artist for both his work behind the boards and for some seriously heartfelt work behind the microphone – salute. Those similarly converted from doubters to Believers by the latest hip-hop double threat can check out more from Kidd on his recently released DMNDS album, which dropped on July 1.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/13/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.