There’s still nothing better than a perfectly placed sample. So although it’s the lyrics from Kidd Upstairs (making his DJBooth debut today) that transform new standout song selection Believe from something dope to something meaningful, I guarantee the first thing that will grab your attention is that soaring vocal sample. Looks like I should be saluting the Bay Area artist for both his work behind the boards and for some seriously heartfelt work behind the microphone – salute. Those similarly converted from doubters to Believers by the latest hip-hop double threat can check out more from Kidd on his recently released DMNDS album, which dropped on July 1.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/13/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.