If you’ve got any ice cream in the freezer, now would be a good time to grab a few scoops; Kidd Upstairs latest feature is best enjoyed A La Mode. (Granted, I can’t think of a song that wouldn’t sound better over a dish of ice cream.) With that said, frozen desserts are not the main topic of this newly-released mixtape single. Instead, the record finds the Los Angeles rapper/producer lavishing a little oral attention on a his girl—attention she richly deserves, for staying loyal as he hustles to get his career off the ground. His double entendre-laced bars come backed by a steamy, self-produced synth beat. Like what you’re hearing? You can look forward to more fresh cuts on the artist’s Cos the Kid-hosted KVSHMIR street album, dropping August 27, via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 07/31/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.