If you’ve got any ice cream in the freezer, now would be a good time to grab a few scoops; Kidd Upstairs latest feature is best enjoyed A La Mode. (Granted, I can’t think of a song that wouldn’t sound better over a dish of ice cream.) With that said, frozen desserts are not the main topic of this newly-released mixtape single. Instead, the record finds the Los Angeles rapper/producer lavishing a little oral attention on a his girl—attention she richly deserves, for staying loyal as he hustles to get his career off the ground. His double entendre-laced bars come backed by a steamy, self-produced synth beat. Like what you’re hearing? You can look forward to more fresh cuts on the artist’s Cos the Kid-hosted KVSHMIR street album, dropping August 27, via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 07/31/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.