Punjabi-American MC, Kidd Skilly, is looking to bring his culture to the forefront of the hip-hop world. To help the Detroit resident achieve that goal, international hit maker Akon was recruited for the new single, Ni Sohniye (translation, my pretty lady). While Kon steals the show with an out-of-this-world hook and solid production, Kidd does his part as well, spitting game to all the sohniyes in the building. With formulaic rap ruling the airwaves, most listeners want some variety; Ni Sohniye should satisfy their appetites.
Written by Burmy on 12/27/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Motor City Punjab" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)