In Plato’s Republic, Socrates famously argues that rulers can be justified in misleading the populace, provided their untruths contribute to the harmony and stability of society. (As evidenced by recent revelations regarding NSA surveillance, the idea’s really caught on.) Booth newcomer KIDD begs to differ—in fact, the Chi-Town emcee’s made it his mission to “tattle on” all the Royal Lies promulgated by the powers that be. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this freshly-minted LP single finds the rhymesayer touting his commitment to realness over the dissonant synth/sample boardwork of Skrip and Supaman. Former 1st & 15th signee Gemstones and Reach Records buzzmaker Derek Minor (formerly known as PRo) echo the headliner’s sentiments on the guest tip. Murder My Flesh is scheduled to drop Tuesday, September 3, via Infiltrate Music. Click here to pre-order the set on iTunes!
Written by richard on 08/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Insomnia Vacation" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.