In Plato’s Republic, Socrates famously argues that rulers can be justified in misleading the populace, provided their untruths contribute to the harmony and stability of society. (As evidenced by recent revelations regarding NSA surveillance, the idea’s really caught on.) Booth newcomer KIDD begs to differ—in fact, the Chi-Town emcee’s made it his mission to “tattle on” all the Royal Lies promulgated by the powers that be. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this freshly-minted LP single finds the rhymesayer touting his commitment to realness over the dissonant synth/sample boardwork of Skrip and Supaman. Former 1st & 15th signee Gemstones and Reach Records buzzmaker Derek Minor (formerly known as PRo) echo the headliner’s sentiments on the guest tip. Murder My Flesh is scheduled to drop Tuesday, September 3, via Infiltrate Music. Click here to pre-order the set on iTunes!
Written by richard on 08/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Insomnia Vacation" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.