Now that we’re only a handful of years away from the 10-year-anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, the focus on post-Katrina New Orleans and its residents has all but disappeared. Although a focus on the city has shifted elsewhere, with the release of G-Unit spitter Kidd Kidd‘s New Warleans we get a small glimpse at the grim standing of the Southern metropolis. The tone of the record is best summed up by noted Louisianan Juvenile who lends a little commentary as he explains, “Enjoy your life while you here man, this sh*t ain’t promised. You know these ni**a’s dropping like a motherf**ker in the N.O. man. I can’t believe this sh*t.” Although the content of the song may be bleak, producer Beat Ryder attempts to liven up the record with a welcoming helping of soulful bass and the occasional addition of mellow strings. This unabashedly real record can be found on Kidd Kidd’s forthcoming Street Fame album, which is currently without a release date.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crack Rock" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.