History is bound to repeat itself for those you don’t learn from the past. But if you’re Kidd Kidd, you take the best from the past and rewrite it into the future so it benefits you to the max. On his latest video single, I Am, the New Orleans native boils down the essence of some of Hip-Hop’s greats over production by Fire Beats, while learning from their mistakes in order to cook up the best possible amalgamation of talent he could attain. If you took Kanye when he’s mad, T.I. without all of the guns, Gucci and Jeezy in the same cell, and threw it all in a pot with Big Daddy Kane and Soul Tape Fab, you’d get the American Trap Star himself, Kidd Kidd. That’s a high bar to set for yourself, especially with a new EP dropping soon. But that’s the kind of big talk I expected from a G-Unit affiliate. F**k The Fame arrives soon; will the title hold true?
Written by Bryan H on 05/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crack Rock" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.