Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
As a kid, I spent many fondly-remembered hours at the crib, playing NES. (It should have been a Super Nintendo, but my parents weren’t buying.) Kidd Adamz, on the other hand, was all about the Sega Genesis. On his first feature, single numero uno off his debut full-length, the Miami repper reflects on his growth from a Sonic the Hedgehog-obsessed youngster to an emerging player in the hip-hop game. PlaybackBeatz‘s production, a hazy mix of delayed vocal samples, reverberant synths and heavily-syncopated percussion, backs the artist as he chronicles his hustle and imparts a few valuable life lessons. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; FweagoVeli currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Update: We have added the Brandon “Ra Image” Guzman-directed visuals for Kidd Adamz’ Sega single.
Written by richard on 03/13/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.