Part of 2012 street album ADOLESSONS, Air Vent found Booth newcomer Kidaf showcasing his mic skills as he chronicled his hustle over an industry beat by the late, great J. Dilla. Freshly-minted sequel Air Vent 2, leaked to the ‘net last September but featured here in is completed form, follows the Queens native as he continues to lay the foundations for his future success in the game. Co-headlining the cut with Kidaf, veteran German beatmaker Shuko does James Yancey proud on the production tip, combining airy samples with a boom-bap rhythm as the emcee delivers his tightly-wound autobiographical bars. This promotional single isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those who like what they’re hearing will be able to cop the record via iTunes starting tomorrow, February 5.
Written by richard on 02/4/13
Submit your Rating
For the love ent./Foundation Media
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.