On his Booth debut, Holla! (Remix), Inglewood up-and-comer Kida managed to squeeze eight guest verses into a track less than five minutes long. That clown car-esque ensemble cut was definitely dope, but it didn’t give us much of a chance to get familiar with the headliner. Today, we finally get to hear how the Left Coast emcee stacks up when flowing solo. What Is It Now, the second in a daily series of leaks leading up to the release of Kida’s latest street album, finds the artist exasperated with a moody female who refuses to simply tell him what’s wrong. Backed by TheRealFocus…’ pensive piano loop, the rapper delivers an impressively nuanced performance – in two short verses, he progresses from confusion (“You thought I was the perfect man, what is it I did now?”) to anger (“I’ve had about as much attitude as I can stand”) to bitter sarcasm (“My second job: oh, yeah, I’m a psychic now?”). Complete with a smooth hook by R&B singer Dion, this all-too-relatable track (who hasn’t dealt with a sullen mate at one point or another?) and much more can be found on The Endemic when it hits the ‘net January 18. In the meantime, keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest!
Listen to More: Kida Written by richard
Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla! (Remix)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.