If you don’t immediately recognize Kida’s name, don’t worry; you will soon. Making his solo debut on our pages just a week ago with his Booth approved What Is It Now, Inglewood native Kida is on a mission to make sure everyone knows his name, a mission that has resulted in his latest offering We Made It. The eighth track off his daily Who Is Kida? series, We Made It features a beat from frequent production partner TheRealFocus… that’s at turns operatic, dreamy and strictly street, the perfect backdrop for some vocals from Marsha Ambrosius (who for my money is the most underrated singer alive, although personally I’d prefer if her work here was less produced). More importantly, Kida proves that he’s got some serious rhyme skills, detailing the peaks and valleys of a rocky relationship that’s emerged intact. For more from Kida stay tuned to his Who Is Kida? series – with tracks like these it’s only a matter of time before he’s a household name, at least in hip-hop homes like mine.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/21/09
Submit your Rating
Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla! (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.