If you don’t immediately recognize Kida’s name, don’t worry; you will soon. Making his solo debut on our pages just a week ago with his Booth approved What Is It Now, Inglewood native Kida is on a mission to make sure everyone knows his name, a mission that has resulted in his latest offering We Made It. The eighth track off his daily Who Is Kida? series, We Made It features a beat from frequent production partner TheRealFocus… that’s at turns operatic, dreamy and strictly street, the perfect backdrop for some vocals from Marsha Ambrosius (who for my money is the most underrated singer alive, although personally I’d prefer if her work here was less produced). More importantly, Kida proves that he’s got some serious rhyme skills, detailing the peaks and valleys of a rocky relationship that’s emerged intact. For more from Kida stay tuned to his Who Is Kida? series – with tracks like these it’s only a matter of time before he’s a household name, at least in hip-hop homes like mine.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/21/09
Submit your Rating
Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla! (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.