If you don’t immediately recognize Kida’s name, don’t worry; you will soon. Making his solo debut on our pages just a week ago with his Booth approved What Is It Now, Inglewood native Kida is on a mission to make sure everyone knows his name, a mission that has resulted in his latest offering We Made It. The eighth track off his daily Who Is Kida? series, We Made It features a beat from frequent production partner TheRealFocus… that’s at turns operatic, dreamy and strictly street, the perfect backdrop for some vocals from Marsha Ambrosius (who for my money is the most underrated singer alive, although personally I’d prefer if her work here was less produced). More importantly, Kida proves that he’s got some serious rhyme skills, detailing the peaks and valleys of a rocky relationship that’s emerged intact. For more from Kida stay tuned to his Who Is Kida? series – with tracks like these it’s only a matter of time before he’s a household name, at least in hip-hop homes like mine.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/21/09
Submit your Rating
Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla! (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.