If you don’t immediately recognize Kida’s name, don’t worry; you will soon. Making his solo debut on our pages just a week ago with his Booth approved What Is It Now, Inglewood native Kida is on a mission to make sure everyone knows his name, a mission that has resulted in his latest offering We Made It. The eighth track off his daily Who Is Kida? series, We Made It features a beat from frequent production partner TheRealFocus… that’s at turns operatic, dreamy and strictly street, the perfect backdrop for some vocals from Marsha Ambrosius (who for my money is the most underrated singer alive, although personally I’d prefer if her work here was less produced). More importantly, Kida proves that he’s got some serious rhyme skills, detailing the peaks and valleys of a rocky relationship that’s emerged intact. For more from Kida stay tuned to his Who Is Kida? series – with tracks like these it’s only a matter of time before he’s a household name, at least in hip-hop homes like mine.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/21/09
Submit your Rating
Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla! (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)