It’s been a long minute since last we heard from Kida, nearly a year, in fact, but the man has a good excuse: after sustaining near-fatal injuries in a space shuttle accident, the rap buzzmaker was brought back to life with the help of top secret government technology. Rebuilt “bigger, better, stronger, faster” than ever before thanks to state-of-the-art bionic augmentations, he’s now known as…The Six Million Dollar Rapper! OK, OK, I kinda made all that up—but it would be pretty cool if it were true, right? Anyway, the Los Angeles-repping up-and-comer’s latest promo single finds him doing his best Lee Majors impression. Over Focus…’ swirling strings, and synth accents, the emcee shows off his new and improved mic skills, exhibiting a rapid-fire flow along with an uncanny knack for tightly-wound braggadocio: “L.A. but I do it in a New York minute, on top like a snap back or a fitted, you can have it back soon as this cat’s finished.” With or without bionic enhancements, Kida is a mic-wrecking machine. If you agree, then keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest tunes from the Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam signee.
Written by richard on 09/19/11
Submit your Rating
Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla! (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.