It’s been a long minute since last we heard from Kida, nearly a year, in fact, but the man has a good excuse: after sustaining near-fatal injuries in a space shuttle accident, the rap buzzmaker was brought back to life with the help of top secret government technology. Rebuilt “bigger, better, stronger, faster” than ever before thanks to state-of-the-art bionic augmentations, he’s now known as…The Six Million Dollar Rapper! OK, OK, I kinda made all that up—but it would be pretty cool if it were true, right? Anyway, the Los Angeles-repping up-and-comer’s latest promo single finds him doing his best Lee Majors impression. Over Focus…’ swirling strings, and synth accents, the emcee shows off his new and improved mic skills, exhibiting a rapid-fire flow along with an uncanny knack for tightly-wound braggadocio: “L.A. but I do it in a New York minute, on top like a snap back or a fitted, you can have it back soon as this cat’s finished.” With or without bionic enhancements, Kida is a mic-wrecking machine. If you agree, then keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest tunes from the Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam signee.
Written by richard on 09/19/11
Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla! (Remix)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.