It’s been a long minute since last we heard from Kida, nearly a year, in fact, but the man has a good excuse: after sustaining near-fatal injuries in a space shuttle accident, the rap buzzmaker was brought back to life with the help of top secret government technology. Rebuilt “bigger, better, stronger, faster” than ever before thanks to state-of-the-art bionic augmentations, he’s now known as…The Six Million Dollar Rapper! OK, OK, I kinda made all that up—but it would be pretty cool if it were true, right? Anyway, the Los Angeles-repping up-and-comer’s latest promo single finds him doing his best Lee Majors impression. Over Focus…’ swirling strings, and synth accents, the emcee shows off his new and improved mic skills, exhibiting a rapid-fire flow along with an uncanny knack for tightly-wound braggadocio: “L.A. but I do it in a New York minute, on top like a snap back or a fitted, you can have it back soon as this cat’s finished.” With or without bionic enhancements, Kida is a mic-wrecking machine. If you agree, then keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest tunes from the Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam signee.
Written by richard on 09/19/11
Submit your Rating
Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla! (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.