No, Apple hasn’t just unveiled the high-tech restroom fixture that will render all past toilets obsolete (hey, what else could an “iGo” be?). Despite what the trendy initial-”i” may suggest, KIDA‘s latest street single takes its inspiration from something more classic than cutting-edge – namely, Biggie‘s declaration of his sexual prowess in posthumous hit Nasty Girl: “iGo on and on and on…” Aftermath producer Focus…’ sparse beat, built around that memorable line (as well as a snippet from 50‘s In the Club), sets a hypnotic mood as KIDA follows the late great hip-hop legend’s example. Spitting fresh and fly game in a laid-back but urgent flow, the West Coast buzzmaker makes no bones about what he’s after: “I won’t settle for no amount of money, wanna taste honey…” Time for the big question: has the Endemic emcee done B.I.G. proud with this larger-than-life cut? If you’re feelin’ his style, feelin’ his flow, you’ll most definitely want to circle March 11, on your 2011 calenders (got one yet?). That’s when KIDA’s debut full-length, The Redshirt Freshman, is set to hit online retailers and record store shelves.
Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla! (Remix)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.