No, Apple hasn’t just unveiled the high-tech restroom fixture that will render all past toilets obsolete (hey, what else could an “iGo” be?). Despite what the trendy initial-”i” may suggest, KIDA‘s latest street single takes its inspiration from something more classic than cutting-edge – namely, Biggie‘s declaration of his sexual prowess in posthumous hit Nasty Girl: “iGo on and on and on…” Aftermath producer Focus…’ sparse beat, built around that memorable line (as well as a snippet from 50‘s In the Club), sets a hypnotic mood as KIDA follows the late great hip-hop legend’s example. Spitting fresh and fly game in a laid-back but urgent flow, the West Coast buzzmaker makes no bones about what he’s after: “I won’t settle for no amount of money, wanna taste honey…” Time for the big question: has the Endemic emcee done B.I.G. proud with this larger-than-life cut? If you’re feelin’ his style, feelin’ his flow, you’ll most definitely want to circle March 11, on your 2011 calenders (got one yet?). That’s when KIDA’s debut full-length, The Redshirt Freshman, is set to hit online retailers and record store shelves.
Written by richard on 11/29/10
Submit your Rating
Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla! (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.