No, Apple hasn’t just unveiled the high-tech restroom fixture that will render all past toilets obsolete (hey, what else could an “iGo” be?). Despite what the trendy initial-”i” may suggest, KIDA‘s latest street single takes its inspiration from something more classic than cutting-edge – namely, Biggie‘s declaration of his sexual prowess in posthumous hit Nasty Girl: “iGo on and on and on…” Aftermath producer Focus…’ sparse beat, built around that memorable line (as well as a snippet from 50‘s In the Club), sets a hypnotic mood as KIDA follows the late great hip-hop legend’s example. Spitting fresh and fly game in a laid-back but urgent flow, the West Coast buzzmaker makes no bones about what he’s after: “I won’t settle for no amount of money, wanna taste honey…” Time for the big question: has the Endemic emcee done B.I.G. proud with this larger-than-life cut? If you’re feelin’ his style, feelin’ his flow, you’ll most definitely want to circle March 11, on your 2011 calenders (got one yet?). That’s when KIDA’s debut full-length, The Redshirt Freshman, is set to hit online retailers and record store shelves.
Written by richard on 11/29/10
Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla! (Remix)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)