No, Apple hasn’t just unveiled the high-tech restroom fixture that will render all past toilets obsolete (hey, what else could an “iGo” be?). Despite what the trendy initial-”i” may suggest, KIDA‘s latest street single takes its inspiration from something more classic than cutting-edge – namely, Biggie‘s declaration of his sexual prowess in posthumous hit Nasty Girl: “iGo on and on and on…” Aftermath producer Focus…’ sparse beat, built around that memorable line (as well as a snippet from 50‘s In the Club), sets a hypnotic mood as KIDA follows the late great hip-hop legend’s example. Spitting fresh and fly game in a laid-back but urgent flow, the West Coast buzzmaker makes no bones about what he’s after: “I won’t settle for no amount of money, wanna taste honey…” Time for the big question: has the Endemic emcee done B.I.G. proud with this larger-than-life cut? If you’re feelin’ his style, feelin’ his flow, you’ll most definitely want to circle March 11, on your 2011 calenders (got one yet?). That’s when KIDA’s debut full-length, The Redshirt Freshman, is set to hit online retailers and record store shelves.
Written by richard on 11/29/10
Submit your Rating
Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla! (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)