On track two off Booth-sponsored mixtape The Endemic, Kida introduced listeners to a phenomenon called The Change Up, in which the people you thought were your homies seem to forget who you are just as you begin showing signs of success. Today, the West Coast up-and-comer’s back with a version of the track that has itself been Changed Up – but not necessarily for the worse. In addition to a softer, string-driven beat by Focus… (replacing Siege‘s pensive synths), this revamp boasts a brand new verse from Philly street veteran and recent Booth favorite Freeway, who commiserates with the headliner’s complaints (and stacks a little paper) on the back end. The obvious question: is this tweaked version preferable to the original, or should Kida have left well enough alone? Whichever you consider superior, you can hear plenty more where this came from on The Endemic, available here for free streaming and download. Also, watch for Kida to step into the Booth with an exclusive freestyle when our series returns in the coming weeks!
Written by richard on 04/6/10
Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla! (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)