On track two off Booth-sponsored mixtape The Endemic, Kida introduced listeners to a phenomenon called The Change Up, in which the people you thought were your homies seem to forget who you are just as you begin showing signs of success. Today, the West Coast up-and-comer’s back with a version of the track that has itself been Changed Up – but not necessarily for the worse. In addition to a softer, string-driven beat by Focus… (replacing Siege‘s pensive synths), this revamp boasts a brand new verse from Philly street veteran and recent Booth favorite Freeway, who commiserates with the headliner’s complaints (and stacks a little paper) on the back end. The obvious question: is this tweaked version preferable to the original, or should Kida have left well enough alone? Whichever you consider superior, you can hear plenty more where this came from on The Endemic, available here for free streaming and download. Also, watch for Kida to step into the Booth with an exclusive freestyle when our series returns in the coming weeks!
Written by richard on 04/6/10
Submit your Rating
Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla! (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.