No, the latest DJBooth feature from Kida doesn’t feature the West Coast representative talking us through the history of blues music from the early 20th Century to today—as dope as that would undoubtedly be. Instead, Blues 101 offers a crash course on the Cali rhymesayer’s deepest personal struggle and anxiety. The aptly-named Smokey Beatz mans the boards, flipping a moody jazz sample as the Inglewood native looks back at his father’s untimely death in the streets, juxtaposing those painful memories with bars depicting his relationship with his own son. This poignant jam is currently unattached to any forthcoming project but, if you’re feeling it, you can keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth for he latest from the West Coast buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 11/5/12
Submit your Rating
Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla! (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.