No, the latest DJBooth feature from Kida doesn’t feature the West Coast representative talking us through the history of blues music from the early 20th Century to today—as dope as that would undoubtedly be. Instead, Blues 101 offers a crash course on the Cali rhymesayer’s deepest personal struggle and anxiety. The aptly-named Smokey Beatz mans the boards, flipping a moody jazz sample as the Inglewood native looks back at his father’s untimely death in the streets, juxtaposing those painful memories with bars depicting his relationship with his own son. This poignant jam is currently unattached to any forthcoming project but, if you’re feeling it, you can keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth for he latest from the West Coast buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 11/5/12
Submit your Rating
Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla! (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.