No, the latest DJBooth feature from Kida doesn’t feature the West Coast representative talking us through the history of blues music from the early 20th Century to today—as dope as that would undoubtedly be. Instead, Blues 101 offers a crash course on the Cali rhymesayer’s deepest personal struggle and anxiety. The aptly-named Smokey Beatz mans the boards, flipping a moody jazz sample as the Inglewood native looks back at his father’s untimely death in the streets, juxtaposing those painful memories with bars depicting his relationship with his own son. This poignant jam is currently unattached to any forthcoming project but, if you’re feeling it, you can keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth for he latest from the West Coast buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 11/5/12
Submit your Rating
Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla! (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.