Contrary to popular belief, an artist’s biggest fans aren’t the starstruck teens who leap onstage to get a glimpse of the artists whose posters live on their bedroom wall. In reality, the biggest fans are those drunk on Haterade, the ones too intoxicated to admit their admiration. Fortunately, up-and-comer Kida can see straight into the hearts of his haters, and sends a much-deserved shout-out to them over a pulsing, glittery melody on his new single Ain’t Nothing. Producer TheRealFocus…, whose stomp-clap rhythm and self-assured guest vocals propel the track to “that’s my jam” status, is more than qualified to complement Kida’s undeniable flow, and the two frequent collaborators combine for a track that’s far more than nothing. If you find yourself hating, I mean loving Kida’s lyrical agility, don’t hesitate to add his upcoming album, The Endemic, to your collection, which is set to drop next week right here on DJBooth. It’s a good thing haters will always be around…they inspire greatness.
Written by Matty K on 01/12/10
Submit your Rating
Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla! (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)