Contrary to popular belief, an artist’s biggest fans aren’t the starstruck teens who leap onstage to get a glimpse of the artists whose posters live on their bedroom wall. In reality, the biggest fans are those drunk on Haterade, the ones too intoxicated to admit their admiration. Fortunately, up-and-comer Kida can see straight into the hearts of his haters, and sends a much-deserved shout-out to them over a pulsing, glittery melody on his new single Ain’t Nothing. Producer TheRealFocus…, whose stomp-clap rhythm and self-assured guest vocals propel the track to “that’s my jam” status, is more than qualified to complement Kida’s undeniable flow, and the two frequent collaborators combine for a track that’s far more than nothing. If you find yourself hating, I mean loving Kida’s lyrical agility, don’t hesitate to add his upcoming album, The Endemic, to your collection, which is set to drop next week right here on DJBooth. It’s a good thing haters will always be around…they inspire greatness.
Written by Matty K on 01/12/10
Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla! (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.