Contrary to popular belief, an artist’s biggest fans aren’t the starstruck teens who leap onstage to get a glimpse of the artists whose posters live on their bedroom wall. In reality, the biggest fans are those drunk on Haterade, the ones too intoxicated to admit their admiration. Fortunately, up-and-comer Kida can see straight into the hearts of his haters, and sends a much-deserved shout-out to them over a pulsing, glittery melody on his new single Ain’t Nothing. Producer TheRealFocus…, whose stomp-clap rhythm and self-assured guest vocals propel the track to “that’s my jam” status, is more than qualified to complement Kida’s undeniable flow, and the two frequent collaborators combine for a track that’s far more than nothing. If you find yourself hating, I mean loving Kida’s lyrical agility, don’t hesitate to add his upcoming album, The Endemic, to your collection, which is set to drop next week right here on DJBooth. It’s a good thing haters will always be around…they inspire greatness.
Oso Reel Ent/a.Fam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Holla! (Remix)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!