Imagine if the dating scene were like the music industry: you walk into a restaurant at the agreed-upon time, the maître d’ shows you to your table, you sip water and play with your cell phone as you wait for that promising gal (or guy) to arrive… minutes turn into hours, hours into days, days into weeks, and that potential Dream Date is nowhere to be found… until finally you receive a text message reading “Sorry, couldn’t find the right outfit, it’ll be another six months or so!” Realizing that endless delays aren’t a promising beginning to an artist/listener relationship, Kid Sister is making a fresh start—with a revised tracklist and a new title (Ultraviolet), the Pro Nails femcee’s debut LP is now set to drop Oct. 6th. New single Right Hand Hi serves as reintroduction of sorts; over a dancefloor-scorching beat by Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso of the Swedish House Mafia, Kid Sister explains how she spends her free time (“stackin’ money, jukin’ all night”) and asks all in attendance to throw their hands in the air as she rocks the mic. Punctuality aside, this track is sure to get the crowd moving—here’s hoping Ultraviolet‘s arrival this fall sets the stage for plenty of successful dates to come.
Written by richard on 07/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pro Nails ft. Kanye West" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.