I love surprises. Actually, let me rephrase that. I hate surprises when they come in the form of, say, a flat tire or a overdraft fees, but when they involve new music from Kid Sister, the Chicago singer/emcee who’s been largely absent from our pages for over a year, I’m all for it. The Jersey Shore soundtrack aside, new song Kiss Kiss Kiss is the first we’ve heard from Sister since 2009’s Right Hand Hi, and if Triple Kiss’ uber-uptempo feel is any indication, she’s been spending a lot of time in the clubs in the interim. Producer Afrojack builds a pounding and simultaneously light beat that Sister rides over with equally high energy rhymes and an energetic yet soft hook (she clearly learned something from Nina Sky during the Lookout Weekend recording sessions). If you’re looking for the audio version of chugging three Redbulls, you’ve found it. Kiss Kiss Kiss can be found on the Kiss Kiss Kiss Mixtape, co-presented by the band Kiss and the radio station Kiss, and dropping January via Fool’s Gold. (Note: Ok, fine. Neither of the aforementioned Kiss’ are actually involved.)
Written by Nathan S. on 12/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pro Nails ft. Kanye West" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.