I love surprises. Actually, let me rephrase that. I hate surprises when they come in the form of, say, a flat tire or a overdraft fees, but when they involve new music from Kid Sister, the Chicago singer/emcee who’s been largely absent from our pages for over a year, I’m all for it. The Jersey Shore soundtrack aside, new song Kiss Kiss Kiss is the first we’ve heard from Sister since 2009’s Right Hand Hi, and if Triple Kiss’ uber-uptempo feel is any indication, she’s been spending a lot of time in the clubs in the interim. Producer Afrojack builds a pounding and simultaneously light beat that Sister rides over with equally high energy rhymes and an energetic yet soft hook (she clearly learned something from Nina Sky during the Lookout Weekend recording sessions). If you’re looking for the audio version of chugging three Redbulls, you’ve found it. Kiss Kiss Kiss can be found on the Kiss Kiss Kiss Mixtape, co-presented by the band Kiss and the radio station Kiss, and dropping January via Fool’s Gold. (Note: Ok, fine. Neither of the aforementioned Kiss’ are actually involved.)
Written by Nathan S. on 12/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pro Nails ft. Kanye West" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)