Take a glance at this week’s newest Billboard Magazine (after you’re done enjoying your visit to DJBooth.net) and count how many female rappers appear on any one of the urban singles charts. Wait, actually, don’t bother with Billboard; we’ll gladly give you the inside scoop—the correct answer is “zero.” Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your faith in female-delivered hip-hop), that number might soon go up. Kid Sister, a hipster Chicago rapper known for her Kanye West-assisted single, Pro Nails, is back with a new Diplo-produced single from her forthcoming debut, Koko B. Ware. Joining the Downtown Records signee on Family Reunion is her long lost Midwest cousin, David Banner, who explains that “half of Chi-town is from Mississippi anyways.” In search of fun, club-driven, damn-the-summer-has-ended material? In Kid Sister you have probably found your picnic.
Written by DJ Z on 09/25/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pro Nails ft. Kanye West" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.