Kid Ink Woke Up This Morning to a dope surprise: he’d cracked 500,000 followers on Twitter. (OK, to be completely accurate, it happened Wednesday, but the song’s not titled Woke Up Yesterday Morning). In honor of the occasion, the RCA Records/Alumni Music Group hitmaker pulled an unreleased jam from the vault. This joint was let off the tracklist of debut full-length My Own Lane on the grounds that it didn’t fit the album’s sound. Kountdown, S Dot Fire and Ned Cameron‘s soft, R&B-infused beat would indeed have sounded a little out of place among the LP’s somewhat harder-edged club boardwork, but the verses are vintage Ink. In engaging, melodically-flowed bars, the Los Angeles representative pays tribute to a girl who’s been running through his mind ever since he rolled out of bed. Devin Cruise contributes a tuneful guest hook. Kid Ink is currently preparing to embark on a two-month tour, beginning with an April 1, show in Vancouver. Click here to learn when he’ll be visiting a city near you.
Written by richard on 02/27/14
Submit your Rating
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.