Kid Ink Woke Up This Morning to a dope surprise: he’d cracked 500,000 followers on Twitter. (OK, to be completely accurate, it happened Wednesday, but the song’s not titled Woke Up Yesterday Morning). In honor of the occasion, the RCA Records/Alumni Music Group hitmaker pulled an unreleased jam from the vault. This joint was let off the tracklist of debut full-length My Own Lane on the grounds that it didn’t fit the album’s sound. Kountdown, S Dot Fire and Ned Cameron‘s soft, R&B-infused beat would indeed have sounded a little out of place among the LP’s somewhat harder-edged club boardwork, but the verses are vintage Ink. In engaging, melodically-flowed bars, the Los Angeles representative pays tribute to a girl who’s been running through his mind ever since he rolled out of bed. Devin Cruise contributes a tuneful guest hook. Kid Ink is currently preparing to embark on a two-month tour, beginning with an April 1, show in Vancouver. Click here to learn when he’ll be visiting a city near you.
Written by richard on 02/27/14
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)