Kid Ink Woke Up This Morning to a dope surprise: he’d cracked 500,000 followers on Twitter. (OK, to be completely accurate, it happened Wednesday, but the song’s not titled Woke Up Yesterday Morning). In honor of the occasion, the RCA Records/Alumni Music Group hitmaker pulled an unreleased jam from the vault. This joint was let off the tracklist of debut full-length My Own Lane on the grounds that it didn’t fit the album’s sound. Kountdown, S Dot Fire and Ned Cameron‘s soft, R&B-infused beat would indeed have sounded a little out of place among the LP’s somewhat harder-edged club boardwork, but the verses are vintage Ink. In engaging, melodically-flowed bars, the Los Angeles representative pays tribute to a girl who’s been running through his mind ever since he rolled out of bed. Devin Cruise contributes a tuneful guest hook. Kid Ink is currently preparing to embark on a two-month tour, beginning with an April 1, show in Vancouver. Click here to learn when he’ll be visiting a city near you.
Written by richard on 02/27/14
Submit your Rating
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.