Kid Ink Woke Up This Morning to a dope surprise: he’d cracked 500,000 followers on Twitter. (OK, to be completely accurate, it happened Wednesday, but the song’s not titled Woke Up Yesterday Morning). In honor of the occasion, the RCA Records/Alumni Music Group hitmaker pulled an unreleased jam from the vault. This joint was let off the tracklist of debut full-length My Own Lane on the grounds that it didn’t fit the album’s sound. Kountdown, S Dot Fire and Ned Cameron‘s soft, R&B-infused beat would indeed have sounded a little out of place among the LP’s somewhat harder-edged club boardwork, but the verses are vintage Ink. In engaging, melodically-flowed bars, the Los Angeles representative pays tribute to a girl who’s been running through his mind ever since he rolled out of bed. Devin Cruise contributes a tuneful guest hook. Kid Ink is currently preparing to embark on a two-month tour, beginning with an April 1, show in Vancouver. Click here to learn when he’ll be visiting a city near you.
Written by richard on 02/27/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.