Nothing is better than a dope sunset, which some equate to a live work of art. You know what else is a work of art and (dare I say it) a masterpiece? Kid Ink’s Sunset. Just in time for summer, the L.A. native has cooked up a record whose carefree style and whip-ready production are perfect for the warm, sunny days ahead. Backed by the synth-heavy boardwork of Ned Cameron, Ink showcases his charismatic flow as he fantasizes about riding into the sunset. He even showcases his skills as a vocalist, delivering an intoxicating hook that hammers home the record’s laid-back vibe. Ink, who was recently featured in an Outside the Booth interview with DJBoothTV, is preparing for the late-May release of his Almost Home EP via RCA.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/15/13
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.