Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Kid Ink impressed me with his Almost Home EP back in May, but now it’s time for him to Show Me what he can do on a full-length project. Luckily, he is off to a good start on My Own Lane, a crisp, refreshing effort, that acts as the first single off the aforementioned full-length. DJ Mustard handles production duties, cooking up a bubbling trap with a slight R&B vibe. Kid Ink’s rounded, leaning flow seems to skate atop the funky beat, allowing his liquor-doused bars to go down even smoother. Ink’s RCA Records labelmate, Chris Brown, lends his feathery vocals to the hook as well as contributing an abridged verse. My Own Lane is slated for a January 7, release via RCA.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Kid Ink’s Breezy-directed Show Me visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.