Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Kid Ink impressed me with his Almost Home EP back in May, but now it’s time for him to Show Me what he can do on a full-length project. Luckily, he is off to a good start on My Own Lane, a crisp, refreshing effort, that acts as the first single off the aforementioned full-length. DJ Mustard handles production duties, cooking up a bubbling trap with a slight R&B vibe. Kid Ink’s rounded, leaning flow seems to skate atop the funky beat, allowing his liquor-doused bars to go down even smoother. Ink’s RCA Records labelmate, Chris Brown, lends his feathery vocals to the hook as well as contributing an abridged verse. My Own Lane is slated for a January 7, release via RCA.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Kid Ink’s Breezy-directed Show Me visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/13/13
Submit your Rating
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.