Released to considerable Booth acclaim back in September of 2013, the lead single off Kid Ink‘s RCA/Alumni debut set has received the inevitable star-studded remix. Bay Area hitmaker DJ Mustard‘s minimal club production is retained from the original, as are Chris Breezy‘s hook and bridge vocals. As for new additions, there are quite a few: Southern heavyweights 2 Chainz and Juicy J deliver some freaky (and food-obsessed, in the former’s case) flowed 16s, and R&B hitmaker Trey Songz offers additional vocal support throughout the cut. Has this rendition, with its trio of high-profile guests, surpassed its prototype? Debate away. For the album version, of course, you can cop Ink’s My Own Lane LP, available in stores and online as of January.
Written by richard on 02/14/14
Submit your Rating
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.