With his successful summer EP, Almost Home, Kid Ink really burst onto the scene in 2013. Now, the RCA recording artist will look to carry that momentum into the new year as his major label debut, My Own Lane, is slated for release on January 7. If every cut is as energetic and irresistibly catchy as No Miracles then 2014 will be a great year for the young emcee. There is no denying Ink is a hip-hop artist, but you can’t help but feel just a touch of pop in this cut thanks to his energetic, sung-rapped flow combined with a fiery hook from labelmate Elle Varner; even MGK has a little extra dash of pep in his guest 16. Not hurting things either is the string-heavy production from Sham Joseph that really sets off the poppy vibe. Be sure to ring in the new year with Ink’s debut album; he is definitely one to watch in 2014.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view the new visuals for No Miracles.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/18/13
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.