With his successful summer EP, Almost Home, Kid Ink really burst onto the scene in 2013. Now, the RCA recording artist will look to carry that momentum into the new year as his major label debut, My Own Lane, is slated for release on January 7. If every cut is as energetic and irresistibly catchy as No Miracles then 2014 will be a great year for the young emcee. There is no denying Ink is a hip-hop artist, but you can’t help but feel just a touch of pop in this cut thanks to his energetic, sung-rapped flow combined with a fiery hook from labelmate Elle Varner; even MGK has a little extra dash of pep in his guest 16. Not hurting things either is the string-heavy production from Sham Joseph that really sets off the poppy vibe. Be sure to ring in the new year with Ink’s debut album; he is definitely one to watch in 2014.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view the new visuals for No Miracles.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.