With his successful summer EP, Almost Home, Kid Ink really burst onto the scene in 2013. Now, the RCA recording artist will look to carry that momentum into the new year as his major label debut, My Own Lane, is slated for release on January 7. If every cut is as energetic and irresistibly catchy as No Miracles then 2014 will be a great year for the young emcee. There is no denying Ink is a hip-hop artist, but you can’t help but feel just a touch of pop in this cut thanks to his energetic, sung-rapped flow combined with a fiery hook from labelmate Elle Varner; even MGK has a little extra dash of pep in his guest 16. Not hurting things either is the string-heavy production from Sham Joseph that really sets off the poppy vibe. Be sure to ring in the new year with Ink’s debut album; he is definitely one to watch in 2014.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view the new visuals for No Miracles.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/18/13
Submit your Rating
RCA/Alumni Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.